- Silver is the best conductor of all metals. It is an innovative and fundamental material appearing in many new products such as water purification, media storage, and stained glass. Silver is an anti-microbial and a non-toxic material which makes it very useful in very important, everyday use such as that of medicine.
- Silver is 17.5 times more abundant in the earth than Gold. For this reason, the Gold / Silver Ratio has been historically 16:1, meaning that price-wise it takes 16 ounces of silver to buy one ounce of gold. Today, that ratio is roughly 80:1. Many metals experts have stated that when the Gold / Silver Ratio corrects, the price of Silver could potentially skyrocket!
- Gold and Silver are some of the only currencies that have an intrinsic value.
- Silver in industrial use. Roughly 56% of all silver mined is used for industrial purposes while only 9% of mined gold is used industrially. Therefore, silver has a much higher industrial demand than gold.
- In ancient Egypt Silver was valued much more highly than gold.
- In 2003 the UK minted 500,000 ounces of silver into coins and medals.
- Silver is expected to increase twofold by 2020.